Graham Crackers

Apr 10, 2011


I have been wanting to try my hand at homemade graham crackers for some time now. I finally found a recipe that looked like it would promise what I was hoping for. I have to say, these are some good crackers. Apparently someone else in this household thinks so, too. I made these with the intent to later use them as a crust for a cheesecake, so I sealed them up and put them in the freezer. A few days later I noticed that there were, oh maybe 7 left in the container, along with a few small crumbs. So much for that cheesecake. I guess I'll have to whip up some more crackers soon. And find that sneaky thief (and his sly accomplice)... *ahem, little brothers*

Notes: The original recipe is written in metric units, but I've included the measurements in customary values if you don't have a scale. The original recipe calls for all-purpose flour and dark brown sugar. It also calls exclusively for molasses, but I like these with a touch of honey to keep the strong molasses flavor from dominating the crackers. I would like to also try these by replacing all of the molasses with honey. A quick word on graham flour - graham flour is whole grain and is just hard red wheat. We don't usually keep red wheat on-hand at home so I purchase Bob's Red Mill graham flour and it is great. It's pricey on line, but only a few dollars at our local grocery. If you can't find it locally, any whole-wheat flour will substitute well.

Adapted from here

2 friendly note(s):

  1. I need to try those! I don't know if you know that I am a graham cracker fiend!? Those look great, I'll have to ask the little brothers where the stash is next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these and mmmm!!! I definitely think that everyone should try these. Simple enough to make, with delicious flavor.
    Also, I doubled the cinnamon because cinnamon is a favorite. :)
    Thank you, my dear cousin, for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Flour Sack All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger